Next tasting is at Mass Ave Wine Shoppe, 878 Mass Ave near downtown on Tuesday, November 17th from 5:30-7:00.
Wines we will be tasting this week are picked as they pair well with Thanksgiving dinners. They will include: Shine Riesling, Gran Verano Sauvignon Blanc, JanKris Riatta (beautiful Italian grape variety blend), Marquee GSM (Grenache, Syrah, Mouvredre), Philip Bernhard Pinot Noir and Rudolf Muller Eiswein (beautiful Chardonnay eiswein).
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
There is a new locally owned grocery and convenience store in Carmel (Village of West Clay) that is specializing in locally produced products and merchandise. They also have over 60 small production wines with many that also happen to be organically certified and they are all currently under $15/bottle! Please visit and support this store and the families they promote.
The holiday season is a great time to get out and taste new wines. We sponsor and support many of our accounts with these tastings. Here's a partial list of scheduled events. Please contact the retailer if you need more information or to make a reservation:
- Payless Liquors, 726 Adams Street, Carmel, IN - Thursday, November 12th, Dessert wines - we will cover the history, winemaking process, grape varieties, and regions that produce dessert wines. We will be tasting a 1976 Rivesaltes, Malbec Port, and Eisweins among others.
- Main Street Wine and Cheese, Lafayette, IN - Friday, November 13th, German wines (estate grown wines by Machmer, Bollig-Lehner, Philip Bernard, etc).
- Mass Ave Wine Shoppe, 878 Mass Ave, Indy, IN - Tuesday, November 17th, new wines recently introduced to Indiana (TBD).
- Drop in tasting at Kahn's wines - week of Thanksgiving - Dr. Fischer estate wines.
- Mass Ave Wine Shoppe, 878 Mass Ave, Indy, IN - Tuesday, December 1st, new wines recently introduced to Indiana (TBD).
- Chef JJ's Backyard - Broadripple IN, Thursday, December 3rd, very unique private dining area - Cheff JJ uses his Green Egg to produce a 4 course meal and we get to talk about a great small production wines.
We will be at Alabama Liquors, 947 N. Alabama, Friday, 11/6/09 from 5:30-7:00. This is a free tasting and the store provides finger foods. Discover this hidden gem of a store and it's unique wine room. We will be tasting the Tercos Malbec (from the father of Argentina Malbec), Santa Julia Torrontes (Argentina beautiful spicy floral white), and 4 other unique small production wines.